This is a time honoured tradition, making a list of goals for the coming year. This is a maiden attempt for me. I have never written down in black and white what I want to accomplish in the year. I am good with making lists but bad with following them up (that should be resolution one)
Do one thing a month that absolutely scares me: just this morning I replied to a mail at a work webgroup, which can potentially blow up in my face, and I had heart palpitations for 10 minutes afterwards. But, I participated and raised my hand- No regrets! I have done several things that absolutely scared the hell out of me, but in retrsopect those really were the highlights.
Lose weight: Seriously-its about time!
Stop Caring so much about what other think! Its your life and only you have a 360 degree view of it!
Work Life Balance: Have to, have to pursue other interests, work is important but stop it from sucking every singly moment in you life, it is not healthy or productive. I loved to paint once, rediscover- rekindle that interest.
Read More: People will say that if I read any more then my eyes will fall out of my head, and they will be right. I already read books by kilos not numbers but I need to adjust my 'reading profile' read more productively and to improve my mind.
Travel More: One day of travel will open your eyes more that 10 books. travel off the beaten track, travel to exotic places!
Manage my Finances better: I still dont have a clear idea of how much I make or how much I have in my savings account, this is unacceptable. I never had to worry about money (thanks to my parents), but, managing money is a big part of growing up... its about time I did that.
Value Family more: This is my priority number one, I should make them feel that way too...
Think Less: especially negatively. Thoughts are powerful things. Think good and good things will happen!
So its out there, my 'plan' for the year. Let us do a quarterly review and see where I have reached will keep adding as and when I think of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment